WWW Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Sam @ Taking on the World of Words. To participate, all you have to do is answer the 3W questions.
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think that you’ll read next?
I’ve never done anything like this before, and decided to give it a whirl! All the covers link to the book’s Goodreads page in case you want to check them out!
- I am currently reading Champagne Baby: A Journey in Wine from Paris to New York by Laure Dugas, a memoir about growing up in the wine industry and trying to carve your own way in the world. I received it as an ARC from Penguin’s First to Read, and I’m kind of enjoying getting out of my comfort zone.
2. I just finished Lisa Shearin’s Brimstone Deception, SPI Files book 3. This is a really awesome urban fantasy series I am into that has a CIA-type of organization that exists in New York City to guard the identities of supernatural beings. Our protagonist is a seer, meaning she can see beyond the glamours of all the beings. Her and her partner, an ex-cop, have to protect the supernaturals from humans… and vice versa.
3. Last but not least, I plan on reading Kayana Price’s long (very very long) awaited installation in the Alex Craft series, Grave Visions. Here is another kick-as urban fantasy series, this time following Alex, a Grave Witch who consults for the police bringing souls from the dead to testify in their own murders. Add in some fae and the reaper himself, and you have a pretty fun series. I can’t wait!
What are you lovely folks reading this Wednesday? Let me know; I love finding new lit!